Sonja is the Vice President and Director of Compliance. She began her insurance career in 1985 on the Property and Casualty Underwriting side of the industry and transitioned into Compliance in 1992. Responsibilities throughout her career have included:
• establishing, developing and overseeing successful compliance and state filing departments;
• working closely with Insurers, Managing General Agents and Program Administrators to develop new/revised products;
• program & product development;
• state rate, rule and form filings;
• bureau circular monitoring;
• overseeing various licensing responsibilities;
• developing and implementing procedures and best practices;
• performing system and underwriting audits.
In addition, Sonja has been very involved in coordinating the Compliance and Underwriting aspects of insurance requirements in various policy issuance and rating systems. She has been instrumental in developing new and innovative technology for tracking and monitoring rate, rule and form filings as well as Bureau Circulars. Experience across all Commercial lines of business including Businessowners, Cyber, Inland Marine / Non-Filed Inland Marine, Professional Lines, Property, Transportation and Workers Compensation.
Current member of Target Markets Program Administrators Association (TMPAA) and Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals (AICP). She was previously the President of the AICP Great Lakes Chapter. She has been a panel speaker at various Conferences including AICP, TMPAA, as well as a Speed-to-Market Seminar.