Posted: October 2019
As Martin & Company continues to experience consistent growth in the Life, Accident, and Health market, we look to offer a new opportunity for an experienced state filing individual seeking a position within our organization. We are an industry leading consulting and advisory firm focused on providing practical perspectives and solutions to the insurance industry. You will be joining an extraordinary and knowledgeable staff with decades of experience. Based on the applicants background they will assume lead responsibilities for a certain segment of our client base.
• Preparation and submission of rate, rule, and form filings
• Manage reminders and objections
• Work directly with our L&H Actuarial staff• Work with clients to develop best approach and strategy
• Monitor and track filing status using our proprietary State Filing Management Solution, OneView
• Review regulatory circulars/bulletins; regulatory research
• Perform online and state research projects
• Assist with product development
• Assume lead for selected client base
• Communicate with clients and state DOIs
QualificationsThis individual must have rate and form filing experience in the Life & Health insurance industry. They must also be accustomed with reviewing and monitoring legislation and regulatory changes and working with the state Department of Insurance. Qualified candidates must be detail oriented, analytical, accurate, organized, disciplined, able to work under time constraints, self-motivated, energetic, flexible, customer service oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team. In addition, candidate must be proficient with: SERFF, I-File, Microsoft Office products (WORD & Excel) and other third-party industry applications. Excellent time management and communication skills is valuable to this position. A candidate with supplemental life & health, group (associations, unions, discretionary), and IIPRC filing experience is preferred.